Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

2.67 Everybody's Sex Pardner

Slim Novel 2 - http://adventuresofkimi.blogspot.com - See homepage


67. Ahm Ava 
We head south into Virginia whose motto is Sic Semper Tyrannis, “Thus, always to tyrants!” – John Wilkes Booth’s words, shooting Lincoln. We sing Carry Me Back to Old Virginny as we cross into North Carolina and Ali follows with a scatological rendition of Al Jolson singing Nuthin’ Could Be Finah Than Ta Be In Your Vaginah In The Mawnin’. In North Carolina we go into Tarheel territory, named after the black-heels of barefoot workers in cigarette processing plants.
   Passing Winston-Salem NC we pick up a young hitchhiker, a leggy black-haired shoe-less teenager who gets in with an “Ahm Ava” and speaks in nearly unintelligible vernacular and we let her off several miles later.
   Ali comments: “Sexy kid dontchyathink? Good for at least one frolic in hay, I’d say! But she probably has grass up her ass. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up in the movies. Ava?  Hmm?  Wonder what name dey’ll hang on 'er. What about Ava Pardner? Every man’s sex pardner?” Ali shakes head negatively. “Nah, too obvious. Ah! Got tit! Gardner! Ava Gardner! Kim, dat girl could make it! ‘Of course, dey’ll have ta get ridda dat hillbilly southern accent, build up da tits, take da baby fat from 'er face and paste it on 'er ass!”
   Meeting Ava puts Ali into a euphoria that carries into South Carolina, where, according to map, we are verging on the Atlantic Ocean, and at sunset I smell sea breeze as a needed coolth (sic) bathes us. We are in Deep South and its being May, the daytime is hot. At 8 PM we cross into Georgia and Ali sings Georgia on My Mind and Sweet Georgia Brown
   “Is this happiness or is this happiness?” I ask myself, and I correct and answer myself with “It is not ‘or’ but ‘and’; it is double happiness!” We do the night at The Georgia Peach Motel. Weary and sleepy I fall onto bed and two hours later Ali wakes me with her familiar whine "I’m ho-ongry, Hon,” and from her tone I know it is not for food so I roll over on my back.
To read next, click 2.(68-69) Smell of the South - Lebensraum?

No comments: