Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

2.(73-74) The Moment/That Look


Slim Novel 2 - http://adventuresofkimi.blogspot.com - See Homepage


 73.  Moment
Clara takes us to her south-view veranda. She seats us on a cushioned swing that hangs by ropes. Side tables match the swing. She leaves a bowl of tropical fruits and iced glasses of seltzer, the Jewish all-purpose beverage. “Haff a nice enchoyable eveningk undt don’t vorry how late” she says, and leaves.
   A mix of colorful, fragrant flowers in the overgrown tropical garden can be made out in the long sunset shadows. Ali reaches up and pulls a metal chain and the scene lights up and we see Sweet Daphne's bubbly blossomed pink, and with trailing roses giving a random red, while luxuriant lavender azaleas flaunt delicate large curved flower petals and their long stamens evoke antennae of imagined alien insects. It is part of Great Nature and – like Ali – young, fertile and flowering.  I inhale deeply and my body pleasure wells up tingling my skin while Ali’s squeeze on the back of my hand says she feels it too. We sit silent, enjoying sounds, sights, smells.
   For all of us, life is a compound of pain and pleasure, angst and tranquility, an event-patchwork that one lives in order to achieve Moment like this when one feels secure from life’s rigor and one’s spirit is fulfilled by surroundings of beauty and one is touched by a helpmate.

74. That Look
Ali turns to me. “Kim  -- Your eyes! That Look!”
   Almost our lips touch. “You have it too, Ali-san.”
   She lowers eyes. “I feel the quiet, Kim, like I’m floating in it.”
   She takes my hand. I feel her trembling. “Kim, we must never let this go.”
   I reach for the chain. In inky darkness we cling. Alone, together.
To read next, click 2.75 Fishing Off A Bridge

  

                     











No comments: