Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

13.2 Conversation on the 20th Century Limited

Slim Novel 13 - http://adventuresofkimi.blogspot.com - See Homepage

2. Conversation on a Moving Train

Each had filled in the other on how life had passed and why each happens to be on the 20th Century Limited. 
   Godfrey comments, "I am very interested in your use of the seminar as a regular Sunday meeting for educating on questions of practical life and community survival. Very creative and a better use of a Sunday then our present church meeting where we just wail spirituals and listen to nonsense about a God who, for us Negro folk, is really The Man." Noting Ali's quizzical look, he quips "Massa! The White man." 
   Then Godfrey gets more serious. "Miss Ali, I hope you do not misunderstand but I should like to invite you to stay and share my compartment to Chicago. That includes free food and beverage." He pauses. "By share I do not mean anything personal. You notice," he indicates the fold-in bunk beds, "the two beds with curtains for privacy. It will be important. I have much I wish to discuss."
   Ali says OK. There is about Godfrey a good feeling of interest and trust. For next, click  13.3 Family Size, Overpopulation, Childraising

No comments: