Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

13.40 Eddie Gets Interviewed

Slim Novel 13 - http://adventuresofkimi.blogspot.com - See Homepage

40.  The Interview

Eddie follows Professor Edwardes into his inner office and sits at the side of desk on the Professor's' left.
   "Edward, I am glad you came to Seminar today. I hope you liked it. Will you be there again next month?"
   "I hope so. I didn't know you had guys like Mr. Salinger."
   "He gave you good advice." Edwardes shifts in his seat. "Do you have a plan for your future?"
   Eddie looks puzzled. "Nah. My father wants me to be a doctor. He's a lawyer for a lot a doctors. He says doctors have good lives."
   "Well, they make good money. And they do important work."
   "I wanna be a writer."
   "Yes, I heard. And now?"
   "I don't know but I don't think I'll change."
   "Mr Salinger has his reasons for the advice but good to see you have your own mind. Miss Ali told me she taught you a thing or two and she was impressed by you. I need a fellow like you for junior research assistant. It is not as exciting as it may sound. You come in after school three times a week and Saturday mornings. Also Sunday Seminars and do odd jobs. I've gotten a grant of money so I can spare a stipend. And free lunch with me Saturdays. It will give you experience and you will learn about research. When you apply for college or jobs it will be a recommendation."
   Before the Professor can ask Will you take it?, Eddie says, "OK, sir; I'll do it."
    Continue next, click 13.41 Seminar on Dreaming - Why? What? When?

No comments: