Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

13.7. End of the 20th Century Limited Segment

Slim Novel 13 - http://adventuresofkimi.blogspot.com - See Homepage

7. End of a Segment

As they eat, the flatland of northern Pennsylvania and soon Ohio flashes by in window view.
   Putting down her empty cup of coffee, Ali asks "May I call you, Godfrey-san?"
   "Yes. What does the san mean."
   "In Japan it is Sir."
   "I'll prefer to address you as Miss."
   "OK. I know you gave me permission to just call you Godfrey but I feel funny being so informal with one I respect as much as I do you."
   Ali starts to talk about her working to make Science-Civilization.
   When she finishes Godfrey says, "I wish you well. I work to make my fellow Negro citizens equals with the whites here, which we are not at the moment. That's why I choose to live with Jane in North Carolina and not to migrate North."

Afterwards, Godfrey clears the table, resets it to half length, and prepares to bring the breakfast materials on a tray back to the porter's place, telling Ali as he leaves she can relax and dress as she wishes because he will stay away talking with the porters until just before the train gets into Chicago, which is now 3 hours away. So saying, he leaves and Ali gets herself together, makes the area neat, closes off the bunk beds and stretches out on the long seat to meditate about new life in Winnipeg.
    Keep reading by clicking 13.8 Segment 2 - Meanwhile Back in the Bronx

No comments: